- More Apple stores are set to reopen in the US and around the world this week, following their closure back in March as the worst of the coronavirus pandemic began to unfold.
- In a letter published on Sunday, one Apple executive described the measures underway to reopen the stores safely, including the mandating of face masks and temperature checks for all employees and customers.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Apple is continuing to gradually reopen more of its stores in the US and around the world, with the iPhone maker set to open an additional 25 US stores this week along with 12 in Canada and 10 in Italy. The company is also ready to talk about how that process will unfold, according to a letter Apple senior vice president Deirdre O’Brien posted on the company’s website Sunday which details the safety protocols that will accompany a restart of those stores’ operations.
What that includes, among other things, is a requirement that everyone inside these reopened stores wear a face mask — employees and customers, alike. According to O’Brien’s letter, Apple will provide you with a face covering if you don’t bring your own. “Temperature checks will be conducted at the door, and posted health questions will screen for those with symptoms — like cough or fever — or who have had recent exposure to someone infected with COVID‑19,” O’Brien continues. Additionally, store employees throughout the day will be “conducting enhanced deep cleanings that place special emphasis on all surfaces, display products, and highly trafficked areas.”
Today’s Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Sunday: 70¢ face masks, 85¢ toilet paper, $ 20 wireless earbuds, free Echo Dot, more
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: 70¢ face masks, toilet paper, AirPods Pro, $ 4.50 smart plugs, more
- HP is honoring Memorial Day by starting its blowout event early
Trending Right Now:
- How a single person spread coronavirus to 52 people in just 2.5 hours
- This breakthrough coronavirus vaccine already worked on monkeys
- More coronavirus stimulus checks are coming: Everything you need to know
You’ll need a temperature check and face mask to shop at a reopened Apple store originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 18 May 2020 at 02:29:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: